General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Tanda and the GDPR - Our commitment to our customers privacy
Tanda is committed to comply with and respect the General Data Protection Regulation, which goes into effect on the 25th of May, 2018. This regulation represents some of the most significant change to privacy legislation in recent times. It’s intent is to give European citizens more control over their personally identifiable information (PII).
We’ve made GDPR compliance a priority since we entered the European Market in 2017 having devoted significant financial, human & technical resources to ensuring we comply.
What Tanda is doing
- Upfront and ongoing audits of our third parties and sub-contractors to assess what customer information they receive and ensure they do not compromise our compliance status
- Development of internal policy relevant to breach notification for the various markets we operate within
- Appointment of a data protection officer to ensure that these matters are given priority internally as well as provide our customers a point of contact for relevant issues
- Engaged in an ongoing capacity with third party security auditors to continually invest in our technical measures to both preempt and prevent a breach of customer data
- We’ve undertaken training led by our legal team and dpo to ensure all arms of our business across our various offices are aware of our obligations to you as a customer and how we might help you with any concerns you may have
- Deployed and maintained a separate set of technical infrastructure in the European Economic Area
- Structured an intra-company agreement authorising our offices in other countries to process data covered under the GDPR providing they adhere to the measures laid out in the GDPR, irrespective of where they are located
Where does Tanda send my information?
We maintain an up to date list of the third parties we use to deliver our products features to you, examples of these include Amazon Web Services or Intercom. We review this list for any changes regularly, if you’re interested in what providers we use please reach out to email@example.com
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a specific location (e.g. Europe)?
Tanda maintains a distinct infrastructure offering for European clients who believe they are at risk of non-compliance should their data reside outside of the EEA. To find out more about this get in touch with our UK office or firstname.lastname@example.org
I have other questions who can I ask?