Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
We are seeking an outgoing food-lover with a passion for people to join our team as an [Assistant Restaurant Manager]. As [Assistant Restaurant Manager] you will be responsible for assisting the Manager in selecting, training and managing the staff in a way that will create exceptional dining experience for all customers, as well as a happy working environment for all staff members. We strive to create a special experience for every customer who comes through our doors, and we are seeking someone with a customer obsessed mindset. Your performance will be measured by average table service time, revenue, cost of goods sold, customer happiness, employee turnover, and profitability.
YOU RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
– Assisting the Restaurant Manager in selecting, training, and managing staff;
– Assisting in decision making regarding all matters of customer excellence;
– Developing our team to craft the best possible dining experience for all customers;
– Creating a culture of upselling to customers;
– Doing everything in your power to make sure customers leave full and satisfied; and
– Applying the principles of workforce success to keep our team motivated.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
– A love of food, dining, and people;
– Relevant hospitality experience, preferably as an Assistant Manager or another supportive role;
– Experience interviewing, hiring, and managing staff to ensure success;
– Engaging communication skills that focus on customers and staff;
– Excellent problem solving skills; and
– Proficiency with retail management systems, including Point of Sale, and Workforce Management.
This role will truly be fulfilling for anyone who wants to pursue a career in the hospitality industry. Exciting opportunities await the successful applicant!
About this Template
Hiring an Assistant Restaurant Manager? Download and customize Tanda’s free job description template to screen applicants and know what to expect out of your candidates.