Handling more than a hundred employees and keeping them happy and satisfied isn’t a walk in the park. It’s one thing to manage who you hold throughout the year. It’s a whole other challenge entirely to go through an extensive hiring and orientation process when you coordinate with some of the largest healthcare organisations in the country.
Care Agency Services knows this well. It’s a Queensland-based staffing agency specialising in Aged Care and Disability, providing support staff to clients located in Brisbane, Ipswich, Caboolture, Logan, and the Gold Coast.
ABOUT Care Agency
- Industry: Aged Care
- Size: 100+ staff
- Location: Australia (QLD)
Care Agency Services (CAS) delivers high quality, qualified aged care professionals to some of the biggest not-for-profit clients across Southeast Queensland. CAS uses Tanda to onboard, roster, and record attendance, so they can provide fast, timely service every single time.
At CAS, the recruitment team is tasked with onboarding hundreds of staff members per year. Because they work with some of the largest healthcare organisations in Australia, they need a system that can keep up with them as they scale.
The clearest opportunity was in improving Care Agency’s onboarding process.
Effective onboarding improves the bottom line. For some, the struggles come with the time it takes to complete everything. Care Agency Services were able to pinpoint their effort: according to HR and Recruitment Manager Chris Gleadhill, their onboarding process was “involved.”
Steps Care Agency needed to take regularly to onboard include:
- Sending forms and documents, such as the tax file declaration, through the post
- Employees filling these out and sending them back through the post (which usually takes a week’s turnaround)
- Manually enter details into CAS’ database
- Fill out tax information at the ATO. Steps 3 and 4 usually take approximately 30 minutes.
Chris had used Tanda before in a previous role and recalled its “functional, easy-to-use” features. He then reached out and proposed the idea to use it for Care Agency Services as well. After implementation, Tanda’s paperless onboarding features brought the time it took for onboarding new employees down from 30 minutes to just 2 minutes.
“Our team is responsive and aims to get back to people within five minutes—which is what sets us apart from the market. Tanda helps streamline this process,” says Chris.
CAS partnered with Tanda to improve their onboarding, rostering, and payroll processes. Take a look at the features they used:
- Tanda’s digital onboarding involves sending new employees an online form that they fill out themselves, saving enormous amounts of manpower in the process
- Managers can receive comprehensive details such as birth dates, mobile numbers, bank details, ATO-approved tax declaration, and super choice.
- An employee profile is automatically created in Tanda and in their payroll system (MYOB) from the form details.
- Completing the ATO-approved tax declaration form gets sent directly to the ATO.
- It’s easier to track and manage time and attendance, accurately attributing time spent with multiple patients.
- Streamlines shift allocation process to keep response time within five minutes of client enquiry.
- Ensures accurate pay through custom award rules, allowances, and pay rates that seamlessly integrate with payroll software.
94% reduction in time spent onboarding
Tanda’s digital onboarding tools streamlined the onboarding process and cut its time from 30 minutes to 2 minutes once implemented.
Scalable software for all stages of growth
Tanda’s simplicity and ease of use meant it could scale alongside the organisation. Care Agency saved two salaried positions while increasing clients and carers.
Now, not only has Care Agency Services decreased onboarding times—but improving employee experience—it has also found a product partner that can accompany the business as it scales up and grows.
“Tanda has the same capabilities regardless of scale. It’s simple, streamlined, and all digital. We don’t need to wait for the post, or handle too many components to get the job done,” says Chris.